Hawaii State Marriage License Agent
MARRIAGE LICENSE INFORMATION
In order to expedite the Marriage licensing process, please either FAX or E-Mail your completed application prior to your appointment to the following:
Fax Application to: (808) 879-0803
2561 Omiko Place (Keonekai Estate)
Kihei, Maui, Hawaii 96753
Phone (808) 875-8459
Appointment Requested Date, Time and Contact Info.
View Larger Map
Please park IN the drive way NOT on the street
Listed you will find the
information you will need to obtain a Marriage License in the
State of Hawaii and a Map to the Office.
Fill out Application,
Fill out marriage license application form completely.
2) Marriage License Agent will Request:
* Marriage License Application Form
* Proof of Age (Driver License, Pass Port, State
* Marriage License Fee in Cash to agent ($65.00)
*The agent will give you the marriage license (white
3) Before The Ceremony:
* Make sure the marriage performer is commissioned
by the State of Hawaii, Department of Health.
*Couple presents marriage license to marriage performer
(Minister, Priest, Judge).
4)After The Ceremony:
*Marriage performer, couple and witnesses sign
marriage license form which then becomes the marriage certificate.
5) Choosing your middle name and last names:
*The law (section 574 -1 ) Requires the middle
and last names after marriage chosen by the couple may be any
middle or last name legally used at any time, past or present,
by either spouse. Any combination of such names may, but need
not be separated by a hyphen.
6) Name Options :
*See worksheet from agent
7) Print and sign new names:
*After the middle names and last names have been
* Print these names in block #16 on the Marriage
License, in the presents of the marriage performer after the ceremony.
* Then SIGN your FULL NEW NAMES.
8) Your Marriage Certificate:
* Will be mail to you approximately 120 days after
receipt of marriage certificate from the license performer (Minister,
Priest, or Judge).
* If you need a marriage certificate SOONER, ask
you marriage agent for a request form for a certified copy.
* Mail the request form and correct fee to the
Vital Records Section. Refer to the request form for the correct
fee and complete mailing address.
9) Didn't get your certificate?
* Questions about not receiving your certified
copy of the marriage certificate should be directed to the mailing
section of the office of health status monitoring in Honolulu.
Call: (808) 586-4544
* This should be done no later than 6 months after
10) About your marriage license:
* Your license is valid for 30 days. (Day 1 is
the day you get it). After 30 days, it is no longer valid.
* If you do not get married with in 30 days, return
the license in the PRE- addressed envelope to the local registrar
in your county. We need to invalidate and file any unused licenses.